Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Radical Lace & Subversive Knitting



I got a chance to see this while I was in New York. I only wish I could have taken photos of the beautiful work I saw. I also wish I had taken notes of my thoughts. My favorites were the money dress that was knitted with dollar bills that were cut into 1/8th inch strips, the skull doily along with the lace sheet that was hand cut with an exacto knife. Those are only the pieces I could think of off the top of my head. It was a great exhibit! It only runs until June 17, 2007 and I am so glad I got to see it. Check out THIS WEBSITE to see the miniatures that I saw along with others by the wonderful artist Althea Merback. There is a good article on this exhibit here.

The first photo I took myself, the others were borrowed from the HERE.

2 comments:

DaCraftyLady said...

Ohhh I love the dress that is amazing. sounds like a very interesting museum...

SUMMERSGIRL said...

It was great. The museum is actually moving sometime. I am going to add some other photos of the exhibit items.