Sunday, August 12, 2007

This is the Drop Stitch Schrug (Shrug). It's a Daily Knitter free pattern. It looks so cool and once I got a handle on the pattern it is working up fairly quickly. I am on row 52. I was originally working off of sticky notes for each of the six rows. When there are multiple rows in a pattern I like to divide them with the row numbers to be stitched. If I write it down, it helps me learn the pattern. There are 6 rows to this pattern and each one has many rows to work. It got too complicated so I made the chart below. The colors keeps my eye on row I am working on and the right side has the row numbers that I mark off when I am finished. I also made the rows that I need to increase red numbers. Increases need to be made every 8 rows and when I have made shrugs before, I have forgotten or accidentally increased too many times. I think I can now leave my work and return and know where I need to start. A little crazy, I know, but it is helping!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: