Thursday, February 08, 2007

I made my own circular needle holder


I've seen them on the web and in magazines at the price of $20+. I did a Google search and found Grumperina's site on the topic. I really like what she did with the table runner, the napkin and the page protectors. Necessity is the mother of invention and the idea came to me to use fabric I already had! I am a true collector; of yarn, beads, fabric, all sorts of craft things. I had this denim fabric that I had bought years ago for something...I can't even remember what. I put it together pretty easily and since I have a set of Denise Interchangeable Needles I just wanted to make sure I had enough slots to hold the other circulars I have collected along the away. I also looked at this site from a link on Grumperina's site and it helped me design what I now can hang in my closet. I added button holes and buttons on the top just in case the hanger breaks. Better to be safe than sorry.

1 comment:

DaCraftyLady said...

Hello there, I saw your name on Crochetville and wanted to say "Hi" since I also live in Long beach, and I have acrochet and knit group you are welcome to join up if you would like or maybe we could just meet for lunch sometime and exchange "Stitching" stories. :) I am a crochet addict please check out my blog http://crochetoholic.blogspot.com/ and online groups...
http://groups.msn.com/CrochetFriendsandMore
and my book group
http://groups.msn.com/BookandBookmarkSwapGroup/_whatsnew.msnw

I really like your circular hook hanger. Great job!!! Hope to talk to you soon..crochetoholic Debb
crochetoholicdebb@msn.com