Sunday, January 07, 2007

This is my attempt at a Log Cabin afghan from the Mason Dixon Knitting book by Kay Gardiner Ann Meador. I have learned a lot from knitting this afghan. Picking up stitches for one. I thought it was difficult and if you were to look at the middle of this piece you would know what I was talking about. I tried to use a crochet hook like a knitting needle and move the stitches onto my knitting needle...WRONG. I then tried to knit them on, which was probably a correct way of doing it, but it was an unsuccessful attempt since I wasn't quite sure of what I was doing. I then FINALLY figured it out and my stitches are going on like a dream, though as you get further along with this afghan the number of stitches you add increase by 9 for each color. This has been a most excellent way to get rid of my acrylic stash which was getting out of control. It will be used in the t.v. room or for car trips. Just an extra blanket to keep us warm.

No comments: